Well, a "loan" to your friend is more like an asset than an expense.
Similarly, a loan that you receive (e.g. a mortgage) is a liability,
not an income :)

I would recommend you change the account type to an asset; then, as
your friend repays you, you can transfer funds from your "asset"
account to your bank account.

-derek

Greg Hewgill <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 03:04:30AM -0500, Robert Graham Merkel wrote:
> > I don't suppose you've tried simply deselecting that particular account
> > in the report options?
>
> Sure, that works, but I'm not sure I want to do that. I think I'd like it to
> show up while there is a positive balance on the account. Perhaps I should make
> this a different type of account other than Expense, but I'm not sure what to
> choose there either.
>
> I also just remembered I had an oddity with the Asset piechart report. Instead
> of using the current value of securities, it showed the cost of purchasing the
> securities. Is this related?
>
> Greg Hewgill

       [EMAIL PROTECTED]                        PGP key available