Hello together,

Am Donnerstag, 18. August 2011 um 15:55:21 schrieb Geert Janssens:
> So we only need the IPA font for pdf generation. Since it gets embedded in
> the pdf, people only interested in reading the pdf don't need to have the
> font installed themselves. That nicely limits the people that need to have
> the font installed.

Just by couriousity I found
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4424:
"Adobe® Reader® 9.1 Font Packs enable you to display and interact with
documents authored in languages other than those supported in your native
Adobe Reader software. They are needed to correctly display a document when
an author does not embed the appropriate font into the document. They are
also needed when the author does embed the font, but the reader of the
document wishes to interact in some way with its content, for example, by
collaborating, commenting, or filling out forms.

This Font Pack which supports Japanese
can be installed either on demand or as a standalone installer. "On demand"
means that Reader realizes it is missing the Font Pack needed to display or
interact with the document and asks the user if the Font Pack should be
downloaded and installed. A standalone installer, which you can download from
this page, allows the Font Pack to be installed independently of Reader."

So at least for the usage of the Adobe Reader there is no need, to embed a
font. It should automagically download above font.

:
> How does that sound ?
>
> Geert

Fully agreed.