On 21-01-13 16:50, Derek Atkins wrote:
Christian Stimming <christ...@cstimming.de> writes:

Oh, you're right. Paths with spaces will continue to give us headaches
at each and every place that uses normal Unix shell scripts. That
would be enough of a reason to stick to a direct installation in c:\,
unfortunately.
Unless we properly quote everything everywhere.  But miss *one* spot and
you'll have a problem, so safer not to have any spaces if we can avoid
it.

-derek

It becomes even more complex because we depend on a lot of external packages that all come with their own build scripts that also all have to quote their paths properly. If they don't we have to add patches for those into our build system as well.

Geert