Has anyone actually succeeded in following the instructions on the wiki page
http://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Windows/Development from scratch and ending up
with a working gnucash. Or is there some other hidden set of instructions.....

I have tried to build gnucash on windows several times and have never
succeeded. It's clearly possible, because there's a windows version out there.
So what's the secret?

All I can see in the archives are various other people who have problems, no
complete solution.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. Almost every stage seems to fail - wget won't
download automatically, crypt libraries are missing when you get wget, other
libraries don't compile. I follow various threads to fix the problems, and
finally get an executable which just crashes.

Surely someone must know how to do this correctly?

Thanks,

Gary