> On May 12, 2018, at 9:46 AM, Eric Theise <ericthe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thank for answering my questions, Geert.
>
> On Sat, May 12, 2018 at 6:21 AM Geert Janssens <geert.gnuc...@kobaltwit.be>
> wrote:
>
>> Do let us know if the import behaves better after you have removed the bad
>> map
>> entries.
>>

> I only import into each account on a monthly basis so it'll take some time
> to really answer this. For the account I reconciled yesterday I deleted
> many dozens of entries; there were only two that looked correct. As I noted
> in the ticket, there were many cases where account names appeared in the
> Match String which, sans documentation, seems very suspicious to me.
>
> Many of the new entries for that account look promising but I wish it
> wouldn't create entries for day names. I can see use cases for that feature
> but in my case, day names are noise. There are many one & two character &
> digit Match Strings which will also be noise.
>
> I wonder if the Non-Bayesian is better for me and if there are paths to
> creating rules. I do wonder if Bayesian and Non-Bayesian can be in use at
> the same time.
>
> Oops, as I go to look the Preferences window locks up. Time for a different
> ticket.

Bayesian matching tokenizes the description on whitespace. Each time you assign
a transaction whose description contains a particular token the count on the
corresponding token-account pair is incremented (and the token-account pair is
created if it doesn’t already exist). There’s no filtering applied to the
tokens; that might be a useful enhancement.

Matching is accomplished by finding all of the token-account pairs matching the
tokens in the transaction’s description and then summing the counts by account.
The account with the highest sum is assigned as the match.

Regards,
John Ralls