> Bayesian matching tokenizes the description on whitespace. Each time you
> assign a transaction whose description contains a particular token the count
> on the corresponding token-account pair is incremented (and the token-account
> pair is created if it doesn’t already exist). There’s no filtering applied to
> the tokens; that might be a useful enhancement.
>
> Matching is accomplished by finding all of the token-account pairs matching
> the tokens in the transaction’s description and then summing the counts by
> account. The account with the highest sum is assigned as the match.
>
> Regards,
> John Ralls

Based on this explanation, and on the FAQ question about “How do I get the most
benefit from the Bayesian learning algorithm while importing?”
(https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_get_the_most_benefit_from_the_Bayesian_learning_algorithm_while_importing.3F

<https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/FAQ#Q:_How_do_I_get_the_most_benefit_from_the_Bayesian_learning_algorithm_while_importing.3F>),
 and on the fact that when I started with GNUCash I ignored the import dialog
because I found entering the account information into the register after import
to be faster than using the import dialog; I should delete *all* the Beyesian
information in the import dialog for all accounts.

My understanding is that I have an invalid set of data, because I have broken a
fundamental assumption - the human has correctly mapped transactions to
accounts.

I imported easily 100s of transactions without mapping.

Thanks!,

Justin