For sanity's sake I imported the Quicken file into another financial program and the results were similar to what is in Quicken. There were many many more accounts that are closed (aka zeroed balances) that GNUcash was reporting differently. And if the account had a balance when I selected closed in the new software that account was removed from the balances. I think it is in the importing process that causes many issues as categories and certain transactions were broken out into their own accounts. Looking like I'll forgo GNUCash for now. Thank you for all the input.