Calm down.

The business features are the better route certainly. And if you have 1000
transactions, then the even better route is to use some other software to
generate a CSV to import. On that scale, probably a point of sale system that
integrates with GnuCash via python and/or a MySQL backend is more sane.

The OP didn’t seem to indicate they were entering 1000s of transactions (but
vaguely said “a lot”) and they specifically were looking for a General Ledger
(but somehow automatic) solution.

Taking advantage of auto-fill with a few formulas is about the best to hope for
under that restriction.

I didn’t mean it as the optimum solution.