Today I was reconciling an account and noticed a peculiar behavior.

Typically I check heavily used credit and bank accounts online a few
times a month. At that time I mark transactions cleared "c" which have
appeared online. When a statement comes I usually clear any additional
transactions appearing on the statement and then click Reconcile.

Today I marked a transaction but apparently did not hit "enter" or move
off the transaction before hitting Reconcile.

In the Reconcile window this transaction was not marked cleared so I
marked it and finished the reconciliation. To my surprise this
transaction was not marked "y". This seems to me to be a bug. It could
easily confuse a user and foul subsequent reconciliations.

A possible resolution would be to have "Reconcile" pop up the "save or
discard changes" message, when there have been modifications, before
opening the reconcile window. Second, if a transaction is marked in the
reconcile window and the reconcile is finished, all reconciled
transactions should be marked "y" in the register regardless of previous
state.

Dale