> For me (Mojave 10.14.6) the ESC key gets rid of the text entry window and the
> arrow keys are then active again.

  Thank you for that pointer. Esc works for me, too. It will be useful for when
I accidentally try to move to a different tab from the Accounts tab. This may
also be a partial solution for the original poster as a way to select an
account using other keys.

> Unfortunately, your Control-Option-Page Up/Down only works for full size
> keyboards. The equivalent for Page Up/Down on a short keyboard is Fn-up/down
> and that doesn’t work in combo with Control-Option or any combination
> thereof. (that I can tell, I miss my full size keyboard…)

  Actually, I’m doing this on a “short” keyboard, the one built into my MacBook
Pro. The keys I’m pressing are Fn, Control, Option and the up and down arrow
keys. As you suggest, the Fn-up/down give me the equivalent of Page Up and Page
Down on a full-size keyboard. Adding the Control and Option modifiers give me
the full keyboard shortcut (as long as I’m not on the Accounts or Scheduled
Transactions tab).

  When I’m at my main desk, I do have a full-size keyboard, where I leave off
the Fn key and use the actual Page Up and Page Down keys. In both cases, the
basic shortcut works as I discussed earlier.

Best,
John