On 10/7/2019 1:24 PM, Derek Atkins wrote:

Let me add my $0.02 to this.. There are multiple ways to enter
transactions into GnuCash (specifically, importing and hand-entering), and
there are multiple ways that errors and discrepancies can happen.  The
most common error/discrepancy is human error when hand-entering
transactions.  HOWEVER, I have certainly found bank errors, and I've
certainly found bogus transactions (Amazon seems to have a funny way to
false billing my wife's credit card periodically).

And I'll raise that another $0.02

You need to SEE the discrepancies and make sense out of them.

Bank errors (misread of check, for example, but I have experienced one "transit" error)

Strange charges on credit card << call CC bank >>

And WHY is that check still outstanding << need to contact the person? >>

Michael D Novack

PS -- that said, I do manual reconciliation for all my orgs. For all of them, six transactions would be a busy month. If instead there were 60, I'd be using the automated.