I'm running gnucash-3.7 on Slackware-14.2/x86_64.

Because my business is cash based I enter invoices only when the client
pays, and I record the payment immediately after posting the invoice.

Today, this workflow failed. When I tried paying the invoice the dialog box
appeared to be for paying a vendor invoice, not a client payment; the print
check checkbox caught my eye. So, I closed the dialog box and tried again by
finding the new invoice: Business -> Customer -> Find invoice.
Unfortunately, I could not find the invoice because the dialog box has no
text entry widget (see attached screenshot.)

If I've done something incorrectly please point me in the proper direction.
I want to process this payment so it clears A/R and debits my business
checking account.

Regards,

Rich