Thanks David, Bruce and Adrien,

Using account numbers in the name field is great.  I can sort on the numbers and get my accounts to look the same as in Simply Accounting.   Adrien's tip about the edit/options/display feature in income accounts allows me to get exactly what I had before.  It just requires a placeholder subheading account and point all the sub-accounts to that one.

Rick

On 2019-11-17 2:31 p.m., Adrien Monteleone wrote:
If you mean you want to roll up the sub-accounts into the parent, then go to Options
> Display > Parent account balances: and set it to “Subtotal” instead of
“Account Balance”

Note, you should also not have any transactions in that parent account and set
it to being a placeholder.

If you don’t want to use the parents as placeholders you also have the option
right below it:

‘Parent account subtotals:’ set it to “Show subtotals”

You can do this with the options window to the side of the report and it will
toggle on and off the report in real time so you can refine how you want the
report to look/work.

On Nov 16, 2019 w46d320, at 7:13 PM, Richard Danielson <rdan...@gmail.com>