On 1/2/2020 5:33 PM, Christopher Lam wrote:
If it's a single-creditor liability account, you could try adding the
Display/Running Balance. However it doesn't quite give you the 'balance
brought forward' prior to the first printed transaction.

I will tell you how I would do this. It would be easy for me, because I don't insist that that the final printed version be printed from within gnucash.

I would use the suggestion above, but set the date range to include the last transaction before. I would export the resulting report.. I would then edit the date of that last transaction to be the start date, change its description to "opening balance" and it's amount to zero/blank << it is the running balance after this transaction that is the starting balance >>

I would then print THAT (or send THAT by electronic means

Michael D Novack