First off, thanks everyone for responding to my post about Sales Tax Report.  I
really appreciate it.  It’s helped a lot.

Adrien,

I agree that editing the invoice lines is not really option, especially since
the customers receive the invoices.  You could include a standardized location
code on each line, but what a pain.  And, if a mistake was made, the invoice
would have to be unposted to change.  Based on everyone’s comments, I now see
that creating sub accounts for each tax table would grow considerably if there
were a lot of work locations with different tax tables.

Stephen’s idea of a separate database is a good idea, especially when customers
have multiple locations.  Your idea creating a new report using Scheme is
interesting.  I didn't considered that because I haven’t written custom reports
before.

Can you write a report using Scheme that can access invoices?

Does writing a report in Scheme require GnuCash software to be built from
source?