GnuCash Release 2.6.19 is the last pre-packaged update that will be
available for Ubuntu release 18.04 because of changes in Ubuntu long term
releases.  You will need to update your Ubuntu to 19.04 disco or, better,
20.04.1 LTS focal to benefit from the current pre-packaged release of
GnuCash.  There is more info at
https://gnucash.org/download.phtml#distribution.

Actually, most of the GnuCash releases in the 3.x family in particular had
some regressions that some users did not like, and Ubuntu releases after
18.04 will not run well on some older PC's, so there are still a lot of
GnuCash users staying with the 2.6.19 or 2.6.21 releases.

David Carlson

On Sat, Aug 22, 2020 at 7:08 PM Derek Zehr <dehrt...@daystar.io> wrote:

> Hello Fellow GnuCashers,
>
> I installed GnuCash from Ubuntu software (Ubuntu 18.04), and it is
> version 2.6.19. But I see the latest release on gnucash.org is 4.1. Why
> is mine so far behind, and when can I expect the upgrades to come
> through Ubuntu's distribution?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Derek Zehr

David Carlson