Op dinsdag 17 november 2020 20:45:12 CET schreef Frank H. Ellenberger:
> Am 17.11.20 um 19:26 schrieb Adrien Monteleone:
> > (note, private replies to this list are discouraged, so why make it the
> > default?!)
>
> and we will end with public visible logs of online banking sessions. :-(

Keep in mind that sending private information is the exception, so it's
something that has to
be done much less frequently.
I would hope someone who cares about the privacy of that information would be
careful
enough when sending it. Again it's not rocket science. It's about doing it
differently in the
corner case.

And for what it's worth, we have had users in the past send private information
to the list also,
requesting us to remove it. So even our current default doesn't protect us from
that.

Yet another consideration if you really want to help a user send you something
in private, put
your e-mail address in the message body, explicitly stating that's the address
you would like
to receive that private data on. All mail clients I use allow you to click
directly on the e-mail
address to send a message to.

There are plenty of options, it just takes the willingness to see things
differently.

Regards,

Geert