On 1/31/21 12:05 PM, Stephen M. Butler wrote:

PS  If using a database back-end and you have experience as a database admin or programmer then use the database tools to effect the changes.  Again, make that backup first and loop around as needed until GnC looks good.

Yeah, since I'm using the sqlite back end I'd already thought about this but was hoping there's a better way - I'll see how this goes.  Last year at the job I had at the time I had to scold the software designers every time I came across an admin function that required going to the database directly - because we all know how bad an idea it is.  :)

PPS  Backups are mandatory.

Yeah, they will be, once I get enough useful data in there that I don't keep starting over from scratch.  Since I sent out the original email, I've realized that it's any kind of bulk editing that will require this, and turns out, apparently I really like to change multiple things at once.  I'll give it a try and see if it's worth it.

Thanks for the response.

+j