On 1/31/2021 5:30 PM, Stephen M. Butler wrote:

To err is human.  It requires a computer to really foul things up -- especially if you ask the DBA (me in a former life) to fix a few million transactions with "this script").

As somebody who did this sort of thing in my working days, I will second what Stephen just said. Leave it to the pros. It is very easy to get this sort of thing wrong << I'd be the person they'd ask "Mike, can you write something to convert the database instead of having a dozen workers sit at their terminal for a couple weeks re-entering the corrected data?" >>  It wasn't the sort of thing even the average programmer in the shop could be trusted to get right.

Michael D Novack