Also to test you can try to launch it from your desktop. Then if it works close it then drag it to your /Applications folder.
I always do that for something new.

On 4/30/21 8:34 AM, Derek Atkins wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, April 30, 2021 8:10 am, Neil Campbell wrote:
Hi Derek

Thank for your prompt reply. OK. So I uninstalled the Gnucash.app with
Clean My Mac, and, strangely it left the Icon in the Apps folder, so I
removed the Icon to the Bin. I then downloaded the app from the website
(clicked Apple Mac OS >- 10.13 High Sierra. In my Downloads is
Gnucash-Intel-4.5.dmg. Double clicked it and got

I dragged Gnucash.app to the Apps folder on Dock. And it still won’t load.
BUT just noticed in my Apps folder on Finder, it shows Gnucash.app as
being 2KB - yes that is 2 kilobytes. I can’t imagine what went wrong!
No, don't drag to the Dock.. Open up Finder and drag it to /Applications
Once it's in /Applications, THEN you can drag it to the Dock.

Thanks again for your help.

Neil
neilcam...@gmail.com
-derek

--
Old Unix programmers never die, they just mv to /dev/null
- Anonymous