On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 7:51 PM Chuck <chuck...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi:
> Had a gnucash update today & installed the update & opened gnucash. clicked
> on transaction reports & did a quick selection & ok ............ they came
> up!!!
> So  did not save it & clicked on saved reports & selected one & it opened
> up.  They would open a blank page before.
> Do not know why for a month or so they would not work but now seems to fine
> will check it out further.

I had a similar experience yesterday --

TL;DR -- after updating everything in flatpak and rebooting, the reports
started working again.

DETAIL

My office system runs Ubuntu 21.10, and GnuCash via flatpak. I updated
GnuCash to "4.10+" a couple of days back, but I hadn't run any reports, so
I noticed when folks complained about blank ones. Sure enough, when I tried
them, SOME reports (Transaction Report, notably) were blank, and some
(Income Statement, maybe) were not blank.

So I started digging around trying to figure out how to add the WEBKIT_...
flag to my GNOME launchers to precede the flatpack run command. The
launchers broke. I was able to execute the command from a terminal, but not
in the GNOME desktop launchers.

SO I restored the original launchers, checked flatpak and saw some sort of
platform or locale or nvidia update or something. I installed the flatpak
update, and rebooted (to see if my broken GNOME launcher would work). The
refined launcher was STILL broken, HOWEVER....

...next time I tried launching GnuCash WITHOUT the WEBKIT_ flag, the
reports worked.

SO the lesson might be if you're running Flatpak make sure all the flatpak
updates are installed. And maybe reboot?