Okay, finally got a new keyboard.  They make great toys for parrots.

I have tried all of the suggestions presented and I can still not make a desktop icon for the GNC Flatpak version to load a specific set of books.  I did get one icon to work but I do not trust it, it does not place the GNC icon on the desktop, just a generic CSV, and it also places all log files on the desktop ( I use uncompressed XML).  I did not have any issues creating icons prior to using Flatpak.

--
--JEffrey Black M.B.A.