Peter,

You are reading the report incorrectly.

I sent a reply on 8/2 with annotated screenshots showing the issue using default options save for the account selection.

John replied this afternoon saying the same thing using significantly less words than I did on 8/2.

The reports are all correct. There is no bug in GnuCash. It worked fine for me on Catalina as well as it does now on Big Sur.

Run the report with default options on both Catalina and Big Sur, and you'll see. (don't change anything but the account desired)