On 11/7/22 15:59, Derek Atkins wrote:
Hi,

On Mon, November 7, 2022 1:49 pm, Joseph Hesse wrote:
Hello,

Here is what I want to accomplish.

1. Create a new gnucash file with the same accounts as an old one but no
transactions from the old one.
2. Copy the transactions from a single account from the old gnu cash
file to the new one.

I can accomplish 1. by exporting the account tree from the old one to a
csv file and then importing the csv file to the new one.
There is an even easier way:  File -> Export -> Export Accounts
This will create a new data file with just the account tree, so all you
need to do is File -> Open the "exported" file.

I tried to accomplish 2. by exporting the transactions from the desired
account on the old file to a csv file and then import the csv to the the
new file.  I can export the transactions but no amount of fiddling or
trying options allows me to successfully import the csv file.
What version of GnuCash?  I *THOUGHT* that we fixed the issue where
exported data could not be imported.

Any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Thank you,
Joe Hesse
-derek

Derek,

Thank you for your reply.

I had no problem creating a new gnucash file with the same accounts as the old one but  with no transactions.

My problem is when I "File->Export Transactions to CSV" and choose a single account to export, I can not successfully import this account.  I am using gnucash 4.12 on Fedora 36 linux.

Joe