Op woensdag 9 november 2022 20:45:34 CET schreef Joseph Hesse:
> On 11/9/22 02:55, Geert Janssens wrote:
> > Hi Joe,
> >

> > In order to help you, can you describe exactly what you have tried and
> > what went wrong ?
> >

> > Regards,
> >

> > Geert
>
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> Here is what I have done.
>
> I used "File -> Export Account Tree to CSV" to create a CSV file which I
> then imported into a new file. The new file is the same as the old one I
> exported from but it has no transactions.  This is what I expected.
>
> I then opened the old file and did "File -> Export Transactions to
> CSV".  I chose the single account I wanted to export and got my exported
> CSV file.  Although not necessary, I opened the CSV with LibreOffice
> Calc to verify I had the desired transactions.
>
> I next opened the new file with no transactions and did "File -> Import
> Transactions from CSV".  On the Import Preview Screen I chose GnuCash
> Export Format and changed the date format to mdy.  Doing this allowed me
> to go to the next screen.  At this point I am stuck.  I am supposed to
> Match Import and GnuCash accounts but no amount of trial and error
> allowed me to go to the next screen.  How do I proceed?

On that screen you have to create a mapping between the names of the accounts
as they
appear in the csv file and the accounts in your empty gnucash book.

There are two columns in that page. The first holds the names of accounts as
found in the
csv file. In the second column you have to add matching names from your list of
accounts for
each line that has "No linked account" in that column. You can alter the cells
of the second
column by double-clicking a line, or by selecting a line and then clicking on
the button at the
bottom right.

Once there's a matching account from your book next to each account from the
csv file you
should be able to proceed.

Note that for your particular use case this is a bit cumbersome as the names of
your
accounts match exactly with the names in the csv files. But gnucash can't know
that for sure
in all situations, hence it asks. It will remember your selections for future
imports though.

Regards,

Geert