reply below

On Sat, Jan 14, 2023 at 3:49 PM Phyllis Bruce <pobruc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, I can't stand it anymore.  I don't know what ubuntu is, or flatpak,
> or a host of other terms you use.  I run windows and the latest version.
> Embarrassed that I've not looked to documentation, but would that help me
> or do I need to know?
>
> I will go to documentation to learn about the tax report.  There is
> obviously something I'm not seeing but I did notice that when I chose
> "Report Options" Start and end of accounting period, last year I got one
> expense category for 2022.  I have so far been unable to add other income
> or expense categories.  I know it's in the documentation and I will find it.
>
> Thanks

The tax report is more complicated, and in fact I have never used it. But I
just created a new subject for this thread.

I believe you have to do quite a bit of setup to use the tax report -- you
have to identify the accounts that are relevant and you have to tag each of
those accounts with the IRS form numbers.

I believe the report also works for the German equivalent of the US IRS.