From: gnucash-user <gnucash-user-bounces+gylemc=gmail....@gnucash.org> on
behalf of Murugan Muruganandam <m.muruganan...@hotmail.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 15, 2023 11:17 AM
To: Stephen <rilesthemtobeli...@gmail.com>; gnucash-user@gnucash.org
<gnucash-user@gnucash.org>
Subject: Re: [GNC] Certificate of Deposit Early Withdrawal Penalty Account Entry

hi Stephen

The entries can be input as follows.  I could not understand where you are
getting orphans or imbalances  if you can explain it would be easy

Account Dr      Cr      Notes
Principal       Asst: Bank Account      Asst: CD Account        $ Principal
amount
Interest        Asst: Bank Account      Income: CD Interest     Interest earned
+ partial month $162.89
Penalty Interest        Exp: Bank: Penalties    Income: CD Interest     Total
penalty $1.529,51

Saludos Cordiales

Murugan