Correct, 4.14 did not get any new features, but did get most of the bug fixes that went into 5.0. (though not all)

I too like it so far, and have already made plans to use it in cleaning up spelling variations.

But I do understand how some cases would be not as easy or friendly. Overall, I expect it to be as great or more of a time saver as the same functionality for choosing transfer accounts. I foresee the few times it takes me an extra click or two will be more than offset.