I'm a bit disappointed that this thread went off in a different direction and never addressed actual search and replace.

Is it even on the roadmap or do I still have to resort to butchering the XML file?

On 2023-04-29 10:58, Stan Brown wrote:

On 2023-04-29 08:32, Gyle McCollam wrote:
On your second point, there’s also  menu option Transaction-> Cancel>
Transaction to undo any unwanted changes.

I was unaware that this existed. The description in the help manual
makes it sound just like clicking Delete on an unfinished transaction.

By experiment I found that Cancel Transaction doesn't do anything on a
transaction that has been committed with the Enter key. Is that the only
difference between Cancel and Delete, or are there others?