Switching all my securities to Alphadvantage was tiresome, as the
gui was no responsive to the keyboard, but I found the source could be found
using page up.  Some display at the security editor main screen or
somewhere would help to see which is running quotes where, how many
currently owned. I have many stocks not currently owned, and so they
should not be quoted.  I got more info out of an strace.  Having the
security editor sort each list might be much nicer, too.   Ditto for the
portfolio report.  Most reports in this world sort left to right, for
some silly reason.

This has been a problem with AlphaVantage since they started throttling responses for those using the free API key.

Now it is so slow, and while some work, it locks up on some security.
Maybe it needs a timeout error?  I resolves the host name over and over.
Eventually only perl is running, and then nothing.  It takes a long
time just to get to "Found Finance::Quote version 1.5301."

Hmm... how did 1.5301 get into a flatpak? The official F::Q releases are 1.xx with only 2 digits following the major release number. Crap... looks like my screw-up. I uploaded 1.5301 instead of 1.53_01, which was a pre-release of 1.54. I did the same for 1.5402 today and it's currently being deleted. Juggling too many tasks at once. Sorry all.

As stated in another thread pertaining to this issue, find the proper YahooJSON.pm file and edit it changing

my $YIND_URL_HEAD = 'https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v7/finance/quote?symbols=';

my $YIND_URL_HEAD = 'https://query1.finance.yahoo.com/v6/finance/quote?symbols=';

Quick fix seems to work.

New file with the quick fix uploaded to CPAN - https://www.cpan.org/authors/id/B/BP/BPSCHUCK/Finance-Quote-1.54_03.tar.gz.

It can be installed in cpan as BPSCHUCK/Finance-Quote-1.54_03.tar.gz.

- Bruce S.