Hello,

I have a Gnucash file, which I use to track expenses for a jointly owned
property.

Under Assets, I have two accounts. One for myself and one for the other owner.

Under Expenses, I have the Property, and under that I have sub-accounts for the
various types of expenses (eg. Taxes, Service Charges, Maintenance, Bills etc).

A number of the expenses transactions have split entries. Either because
something was paid by both owners, or because I keep more detailed records.

I am trying to come up with a Transaction Report that will summarise:
(a) Total Expenses
(b) Breakdown of Expenses per sub-Account (i.e. type of expense)
(c) How much was paid by each owner, of each type of expense

The problem I am facing and have not managed to solve no matter what I have
tried, is that for the Split Transactions, when Sorting with “Other Account”, I
just get a groups for “Split Transaction”, and thus lose the transparency of
the Sub-Account or if I structure the Transaction report differently, I lose
the transparency/sum for the account from which the payment was made.

Any help would be welcome.

Thank you!