Eric

i have a similar setup.  My accountant explained that apart from keeping books
seperate i have to make sure that the income , expenses are clearly segregated.
 Obviously it is difficult when starting a new business, so i had multiple
cross expenses.  To streamline the process, i created two seperate books

  1.  created a asset account in my personal book (named it as  business
account)
  2.  register all business expenses into this asset account (the business owes
this to me)
  3.  Created a liability account in the new business book and register the
expense

an example below

Expense :  Shipment expenses paid using my personal credit card

Personal Book:

Liability: Credit Card: Credit $25
Asset: Business Account: Debit $25

Business Book:

Liability: Loan: Business Account: Cr $25

Expenses: Office: Shipment: Dr $25

on a specific period , i consolidate the business account amount and convert
into a loan to business account. (due to local taxes i have to create a 0
interest loan through an affidavit and pay a small tax)

Saludos Cordiales

Murugan