Are you aware that the transaction report already has the option to display
not the document path itself but a mark that there is a linked document? It
just shows L to the left of the amount column when there is a document
(with a link to it when you click on the L). If there isn't a document then
it stays blank. It's the link checkbox on the display option to enable this.

Changing the code to replace the L with the actual document path is
relatively easy but whether this change would make it to the actual
official release I can't say. It's yet another option in an already long
list of options. I can certainly propose the chance but can't guarantee it
would be accepted.

The alternative would be to implement this in a custom report. I am happy
to help with that but only if the current L / no L option is not enough,
and only if you are comfortable installing a custom report.
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Custom_Reports#Loading_Your_Report

Sincerely,

Vincent Dawans