> I’m guessing that the links are also live so they could also be verified
by selecting.

Yes and in the current version that's already the case (if the other option
called ¨Enable Links? is selected, which it is by default). The L anchor
has a link to the document. In the updated version, the only change is to
either display the short L anchor text or the long ¨full document path/url"
anchor text.