Personally I would create your Discounts and Bursary accounts as income
accounts, possibly even as subaccounts of your main income account for that
product/service. Yes they will only have rebates (debits) in them, but they
are not an expense, they are a form of reduced income (by choice). The
distinction is important in terms of "true accounting representation".
Think of it with an extreme case. If I said I charge $1 million for this
email advice, but then give you a $999,999.99 discount, as a financial
analyst, would you want to see a P&L with a $1 million income and a
$999,999.99 expense or just a $0.01 income and zero expenses? Because you
control each side here (the price charged and the rebate), they are one and
the same, so it would be the second scenario.

By it's OK to put it as a "debit" income account, you still have the info
in the details of the accounts and can get it out in a report to show how
much income you forfeited, but a high-level P&L will give you the correct
income (with the rebate) instead of the extra expense.

Sincerely,

Vincent Dawans