Hi all,

For my business setup I am wondering whether there is a way to automatically
account for gst on small random purchases (e.g. hotel, restaurant etc.).

My current setup is roughly

Assets:financial_assets:bank_account
Assets:financial_assets:gst
Expense:travel

So far I haven't setup Accounts/payable and Accounts/receivable.

The current process is:

A) import bank account transactions via OFX into "bank_account" and
"imbalanced"
B) manually go through all transaction, use "split transaction", manually
calculate the gst and assign amounts to Expense:travel and
Assets:financial_assets:gst.

Any suggestions how this can be automated such that the default is a
transaction split and application of a default GST rate?

Thanks