David You are not tell me if the backup is working or not.
ThanksJames Baxter kangaro...@yahoo.com

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 3:35 AM, Maf. King<m...@chilwell.net> wrote:   On
Wednesday, 28 June 2023 00:46:45 BST James Baxter via gnucash-user wrote:
> I have a backup drive. I have looked over it and I don't see it. Does
> Gnucash have a backup. Or what. ThanksJames Baxter kangaro...@yahoo.com

Hi James.

If you are using the default  XML file to store your GC data, then it is
possible to have GC set up in a way so that the *program* creates a sort of
back-up file each time you save the changes you have made to the *Data* file.
(I think GC does this by default, if you don't explicitly tell GC not to in
the program options)

May I ask a related (rhetorical) question?

How do you back up your other *data* files?  (ie your photos, letters you have
written in a wordprocessor, for example)

If those things are important to you, then you really should devise a system
you are comfortable with so that your important digital assets can survive a
range of threats - from minor disk errors thru ransomware or hardware failure
up to catastrophies like fire, flood etc.  There is lots of info on the web
about how to do this and there is no correct answer that is right for
everyone... and it is not on-topic for this list...

 Just (as a minimum) include your GC data file in that backup strategy you
devise.... if you don't know where you have saved your GC data file, then that
is the first thing you need to figure out (hints: look at the main window title
bar for the filename and File -> SaveAs for the folder (but don't actually
"Save"!)) before you consider if the file is backed up adequately or not...

HTH,
Maf.