Sounds like a good enouh reason to take the leap. Do not fill is presumably the opposite of what I want, but if it shortened the list, it probably did so by filtering using a "begins with" type filter, which would at least help a little.  The problem with "keep typing to narrow it down" is I'm suddenly typing 10+ characters where 2 or 3 would have been enough before, but that doesn't mean the new method can't have improved.  Thanks for the tips.