Hello, Sebastian:

Welcome to GnuCash! I hope it works well for you.

On 2023-07-30 22:28, gibel...@gmx.net wrote:
I have recently started using gnuCash and am trying to figure out if I
can use gnuCash in a meaningful way to map the cash flows in a community
project. I think I understand the basic concepts through the tutorial
and with a test project, but am still looking for ideas and
recommendations for some specific circumstances. …[details elided]…

How about this as a first thought: do you understand the accounting aspect of your questions, separate from how to use GnuCash to perform the accounting?  Do you have an idea of which of these things you want to track are assets, liabilities, income, or expenses?  Do you have an idea of how you would track these if doing bookkeeping on paper sheets with lots of columns?

If you do not, then you will probably be greatly helped by learning some basic accounting. For instance, you could read this textbook, /Principles of Accounting/, Vol 1 <https://openstax.org/details/books/principles-financial-accounting>, which is free to read online. Once you understand the accounting aspect of these things you want to track, it will be easier to understand how to use GnuCash.

Best regards,
    —Jim DeLaHunt