We need to move this back to the list, your results are of general interest and
I don't think that they reveal anything private.

The matcher only tries to match on the beginning of words, so whatever is
causing the problem starts with `tes` and `ates` won't match it.

Let's try to find it: Open the find dialog (Edit>Find or cmd-F) in the
register. Select "matches regex" from the list button after "Description" and
enter "[[:<:]]tes[^c]" (no quotes) and click Find. That will present a list of
transactions with descriptions having words starting with tes that aren't
tesco. If it's too many to look through try "[[:<:]]tes[^a-z]"; that will show
only entries where tes is followed by something that isn't a letter.

Regards,
John Ralls