Hello Michael

Thanks for your feed back.

I fully agree that Dynamic COA can create havoc while comparing two period
(dates) financial report.

That is the precise reason, I have very precisely structured primary account
and secondary sub account so far my work accounts are concern. No one can
change without authorisation. No created account to be deleted even if have
zero balance and so on. There is a detailed SOP implemented as how to handle
COA.

Having said that, i would believe that certain reports does not have much value
if they are not compared. For example, balance sheet - it reflects balances. It
will be one of the most important comparison  for example, as how much account
payable has increased between two period and stuff. Even if I have to make
indirect cashflow statement, i need  balance sheets between two dates to
calculate increase / decrease in working capital and its effect on operating
cash flow.

Unfortunately, out of habit, i try to mimic such things from my personal
finance too, which I know is over kill. And i must understand the limitations.
But as they say old habit die hard.

I have been trying to adopt GNU Cash fully, though I started using it since
last few months only. My idea was to look no further, if I can get most of the
things from GC.

Thanks again for your time in addressing my question.

With best regards

Paras