Hello,

In another thread, it was noted that the latest version of auto complete in
version 5 of GnuCash restarts the auto completion data store. That gave me
pause, as I make use of the feature extensively to speed the entry of
transactions for a large number of stocks and mutual funds. (I start each
transaction with the ticker symbol, making each very quick to enter)

As a non programmer, I wonder idly whether there would be some way of grabbing
the information out of the earlier copy, and pushing that data into the newer
version. It would certainly help my use case.

Could a normal (well, on some levels) person actually locate this data store in
a file somehow, and then-- oh, I don't know-- copy and paste that information
into another file to jumpstart their 5.x experience?

⁣David T. ​