I'm experiencing difficulties when importing a CSV file into GnuCash,
particularly when the file contains both "Account" and "Target Account"
columns. Despite meticulously encoding the account names in the CSV to
match the exact account names as they appear in GnuCash (e.g.,
“Asset:Cash”), the software does not seem to automatically recognize and
match these names during the import process.

Instead, GnuCash prompts me to manually match the account names through its
import wizard every time, which is unexpected and inconvenient. For
instance, even if the CSV file contains the precise name “Asset:Cash”,
GnuCash still requires manual intervention to match the names correctly.

Is there a specific reason for this issue, or am I possibly making an error
during the import process? I would appreciate any insight or advice on how
to streamline this process and ensure GnuCash recognizes account names from
the CSV file automatically.

--
cheers,

Gio