On 11/10/2023 8:55 PM, Phil Reynolds wrote:
I am about to start using gnucash again after giving up a few years
ago (for personal reasons). However, I want to reopen my old accounts
to get the figure I was owed. I can see my old files, but gnucash as
supplied in Debian 12 does not seem to be able to open them in any way.

Can someone possibly advise how I might do this?

a) If you have not checked permissions on the old file, do that first.

b) When you say cannot open the file, what do you mean? Does not open the file with gnucash when you click on the object? (the file). Or does not open the file even when you start gnucash and then use "open file" to choose that file by full name? It is the latter you should describe as "cannot open file".

c) Have you in between upgraded the version of gnucash? Or are you using the same on as when you last had this file open?

d) What, if any messages are you getting on this failure to open.

Michael D Novack

--
There is no possibility of social justice on a dead planet except the equality
of the grave.