On 2024-01-11 12:55, David T. via gnucash-user wrote:
> Long time user working in Windows 10 with Gnucash 4.13.
>
> I have a number of scheduled transactions that I use; one of them
> has multiple splits. With the new year, I needed to update this
> scheduled transaction. I began modifying the amounts on different
> lines of the transaction, and when I got to entering the contra
> account against which all the other splits would balance, I was
> surprised to find that the automatic calculation feature of Gnucash
> registers was not active. I understand that there might be use cases
> in scheduled transactions where one might not want an automatic
> calculation, but is there a way to invoke it without manually adding
> up all the amounts in my head?

I've noticed that too. I'm not aware of any workaround. (Another
difference is that if you enter an amount with fewer decimal places that
appropriate for your currency, the SX editor does not fill in zeroes.
They _are_ filled in when the transaction fires.)

The SX editor doesn't force you to balance the transaction. I haven't
tried this, but why not just leave it unbalanced, and when the
transaction fires you'll have a split for Imbalance. You can then change
that to the desired account.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com/