From: gnucash-user <gnucash-user-bounces+gylemc=gmail....@gnucash.org> on
behalf of Stan Brown (using GC 4.14) <stan...@fastmail.fm>
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2024 2:21 PM
To: gnucash-user@gnucash.org <gnucash-user@gnucash.org>
Subject: Re: [GNC] Template Transactions Behavior in Scheduled Transaction
Editor

On 2024-01-12 08:17, Adrien Monteleone wrote:
> I am not unsympathetic to that conundrum!
>
> On 1/12/24 12:23 AM, David T. via gnucash-user wrote:
>> if I have to remember to run the SLR in order to have them created,
>> then I've just changed the work, not reduced it.

I'm confused. I'm not having a problem, but I would like to understand
the issue raised.

When has it ever been necessary to run the "Since Last Run" menu
selection? When I create a transaction, it fires when it's supposed to.
I've just tried one now. I imagine "Create automatically" is necessary,
but that's ticked by default so I don't have think about it.

It's true that the transaction doesn't run immediately, but it does run
the next time I reopen GC. Is that what's being referred to, that a new
transaction, created on the same day as the first desired occurrence,
doesn't fire in the same GC session unless you select "Since Last Run",
though it _does_ fire automatically in the next GC session? (As I say,
I've just tried this.) Or is there some change in behavior between 4.x
and 5.x, and that's what's being referred to?

Can someone clarify the issue, please?

P.S. Someone referred to not being able to have formulas in a Scheduled
Transaction. I just tried that too, with 100+100-50 in a debit split and
800-650 in a credit split. As I would have expected, when the
transaction fired, the debit and credit splits both showed 150.00. (My
currency is US dollars.) So it sure looks like formulas work. Again,
maybe I'm misunderstanding the issue the person was talking about.

Stan Brown
Tehachapi, CA, USA
https://BrownMath.com