Hello Simon,

Am 30.12.23 um 19:31 schrieb ora...@sbutler.co.uk:
    I built GNUcash a couple of years back on a Raspberry pi, got the
    quotes working IIRC (I had definitely installed Finance::Quote and even
    applied an update to a new version), started trying to learn how to use
    it but ended up not doing anything much with it all for various time
    related reasons.

    I've recently built the 5.4 version to have another try at adopting
    this but the quotes gives me an error.  From what I can gather, things
    have moved on since my last attempt and quotes via Yahoo are no longer
    available.  So, I'm looking for what I need to do to get this all
    working (primarily with UK listed stocks).

    I haven't found a simple guide to follow and, as per Jim's
    observations, the wiki just doesn't seem to cover the required
    information and still talks about Yahoo.  It isn't helping at all with
    my level of confusion!

what is wrong with yahoo_json? It is still part of Finance::Quote Version 1.59. Did you mix it with the former yahoo [by CSV] module?

    A revamp of the documentation in this area, with a simple guide to the
    current situation and what is required, would be greatly appreciated
    and would be a great help to adoption by newbies like myself.

Did you read the official doc
https://www.gnucash.org/docs/v5/C/gnucash-manual/finance-quote.html
or only the user contributed wiki page?

    I would like to thank Jim for the suggestions and all those involved in
    making GNUcash available.

    All the best
    Simon

Regards