From: gnucash-user <gnucash-user-bounces+gylemc=gmail....@gnucash.org> on
behalf of Patrick James <patrickjame...@comcast.net>
Sent: Friday, January 19, 2024 12:24 PM
To: Gnucash Users <gnucash-user@gnucash.org>
Subject: Re: [GNC] Compare two sets of accounts?

One option might be to use the data log files, information in 2.5.2 here:

https://code.gnucash.org/docs/C/gnucash-guide/basics-backup1.html

I have not played around with those much, but I suspect you could backup your
master set of books (3-2-1 backup strategy might be used here), and then make a
copy of your master set to test the replay of the data log files (.log), as
described in the link above.

Another, separate, option might be for you to keep track of the changes you
made, and then export the changes in CSV formation, then import them to the
file that's returned from your accountant.

Check out the CSV import/export information here:

Export:
https://gnucash.org/docs/v5/C/gnucash-manual/trans-export.html

Import:
https://gnucash.org/docs/v5/C/gnucash-manual/trans-import.html