If the accountant didn't do too many txn's, might be easiest, or at least possible, to just enter them by hand into your "master" file. As far as automating this entry part, someone else has already mentioned logfiles. I can't think of another or better way to do it automatically.

HTH, good luck,
Chris
On 1/19/24 12:00p, gnucash-user-requ...@gnucash.org wrote:
Message: 5 Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2024 06:50:29 -0700
From: Simon Roberts <si...@dancingcloudservices.com>
To: Gnucash Users <gnucash-user@gnucash.org>
Subject: [GNC] Compare two sets of accounts?

Hi all,

Does GNC provide any mechanism for comparing two versions of the same set of accounts?

I'll be sending my books to my accountant soon, and I imagine they will have some corrections/adjustments. I'll be giving them a laptop with GNC installed, so they can most easily browse, and it occurs to me that they could also make their changes in place. But, unless they write down separately every entry they create or change, I would need to somehow re-integrate their work with my "master" file. Either that, or I'd have to freeze my bookkeeping while they're working on things, and that's likely to take too long to be acceptable.

With the hostage-taker's rent-ware that I used to use, there was a specific mechanism for an "accountant's copy" and a means to merge the changes back automatically. But I've failed to find this in the docs for GNC (quite possibly as a result of poor / uninspired searching!)

Is this supported directly? Is this something folks have found an approach for? I suppose, as a not quite worst case, I could simply diff the XML file itself, but that's going to produce results that will be somewhat messy, at best. But at least I'd know something about what changed.

What ideas can you offer (or manual pages, if I've failed that embarrassingly!)

TIA, Simon
-- Simon Roberts 303 249 3613