Let's start with your best bet is to work with your tax professional as to how
best to keep track of what's needed for taxes.

In the US, what you call a "credit" generally would not be an asset account.
The "credit" would be a potential offset to some future gain, if there is any
future gain, so I would leave all this over on the equity side.

Day 0 Purchase:

Stock (asset) $100DR
Cash $100CR
Purchase of 100 shares of Stock Y for $1 per share

Day 365 Sale:

Cash $90DR
Capital Gain $10DR
Stock (asset) $100CR
Sale of 100 shares of Day 0 Stock Y for $0.90 per share.

NOTE: One hopes that capital gains has a CR (gain) balance, rather than the DR
balance above (loss).

Later, if there was some sale for a gain, then the CR recorded to Capital Gain
would offset some or all of the DR.

Also note that matching the shares as I have done above is not always as simple
as this single stock sale where all shares are purchased on a single day and
the entire holding is sold a year later.

Again, talk to your tax professional about how to best keep the records
necessary for tax compliance.